40 to Phoenix Day 3, I Learned A Few Things
|Thursday Mar 30, 2017
Click 2017 40 to Phoenix to see all the stories in this topic.
|Start Point:||Conyers, GA|
|End Point:||Leeds, AL|
|Weather:||68° in the morning to 81° in the afternoon. Partly cloudy with strong winds|
Track Log for Today
Click the icons or any point in the track log for more info.
Today was a slow news day. My son Tucker is doing an internship for his NC State degree in Dunwoody just north of Atlanta. So I split off from the group and had lunch with him. His internship just ended so he is headed east to home tomorrow while I continue west.
Things I Learned Today
- I am riding with a great group of people. There is not a single butthead in the group and there is always a butthead. If I can't find the butthead does that mean it is me and no has told me?
- Socks washed with soap in a hotel sink will not dry in front of an AC unit that kicks on and off during the night.
- Ironing wet socks will not dry them.
- A Gold Wing traveling at 80 MPH with a quartering wind still has a lot of life left in her.
- A Gold Wing traveling at 80 MPH with a quartering wind will ruin your antenna flag if it is hitting a patch of Velcro on your luggage on the back.
- A Gold Wing traveling at 80 MPH with a quartering wind will dry wet socks attached to the luggage rack.
What is 40 to Phoenix ?
Phoenix Arizona is the national headquarters of the GWRRA and many riders turn around at that point and return home. Hence the name "40 to Phoenix".
My goal is to write a blog about each day. I also have a phone app that updates my location on a map on this website every 10 minutes or so. Click
here to see the map.
You may be interested in the next article, 40 to Phoenix Day 4, I Know What I Want For Christmas.
The previous article is 40 to Phoenix Day 2, NC to GA.
© Bobby Daniel